Hey Dallas friends, we're taking this campaign on the road!!

Surprise?  How could an event be a surprise to me you ask?  Aren't you intimately involved in every step of this process so much that you have piles and piles of laundry and your kids have no fresh fruit to eat because you don't have time to go to the store and they will probably have 10 cavities the next time they go to the dentist because all they have had for nourishment this week is whatever they can scrounge up in their Easter Baskets? Well yes that is mostly true, but nevertheless this was a surprise!  Here's the story...

On spring break I got a text from my cousin's awesome wife Erin (I mean seriously Graham, best thing you ever did!) asking if we all wanted to get together on Good Friday since they would be coming into town.  "Yes, of course we would!  We love getting to see you!" was my response.  And then I didn't think much more about it.  Seemed like a perfectly reasonable thing to do, getting together with family we don't normally get to see on Easter weekend.  And it was a great time!  The weather was nice, the kids were playing in the backyard, March Madness was on the TV.  And then all of the sudden Erin was making an announcement.  Something about a crawfish boil, everything is already planned and donated, and ALL proceeds are going to benefit your LLS campaign!!  What the what?!?!?!?! Yes people, my cousin Graham and his (can I say it again, awesome) wife Erin were telling me that they have already planned a crawfish boil, had EVERYTHING donated, including the people to cook the bugs, a date, a place, EVERYTHING.  All they asked me to do was get a flyer together, that's it!  And they are donating all of the proceeds for the event to my campaign! How amazing is that?  And then I cried (are y'all sick of that phrase yet?  I hope not because I feel as if its not the last time I am going to be needing it!).  So here are the details, and if you are in the Dallas area please, please consider coming!  I would love to see you and I would love to have huge turnout for all of the hard work Graham and Erin have put into this.
You can purchase tickets at eventbrite.com.  John and I are coming in for the event, and I am SO excited about it.  Its going to be a lot of fun, and all for a good cause - saying goodbye to blood cancers!  A HUGE thank you to Graham and Erin.  This was completely unexpected, but an amazing surprise.  Also to LA Blue Crab and Heads or Tails Cajun for supplying the crawfish and the labor.  I can't wait to meet these generous people and tell you more about them!  See what I was talking about in the last post about being overwhelmed by the support already???  9 more weeks to go friends!

This is Erin in all her awesomeness, and I am the one who looks like she was taken completely by surprise and then cried about it!  Yikes - where's the monkey covering his eyes emoji when you need it?



No comments