Mother's Day


So I am going to keep this pretty short, mainly because it's such a bittersweet day for me.  It's only my second Mother's Day without a mother and it is still very hard.  I only got 7 Mother's Days where I could actually understand what it meant to be a mother, and therefore truly appreciate, celebrate and love on my mother, and that wasn't enough.  But I am also a mother to 3 wonderful children who deserve to have a mom today that's joyful, and ready to be kissed and hugged and showered with homemade presents that they have been waiting for weeks to give me, so I will relinquish my loss for now, and relish in my blessings.  Mom was one of my most precious blessings and so today I choose to think of happy memories and focus on the lessons of love and faith that she gave me which make me the mom I am today.

I will end with this.  One of mom's favorite songs from one of her favorite musicals was "For Good" from the musical "Wicked".  The original cast members, Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth, recently reunited to sing this song.  I watched this video this morning and cried (I know - there I go again!).  The words are a perfect tribute to mom on this Mother's Day...

"It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart"



A very happy and blessed Mother's Day to all the mother's out there.


 XO - Katie
"I thank my God every time I remember you" Philippians 1:3

No comments